Archives: Posts & Pontifications

Mom’s Party Crock Pot Chili for 20

November 13, 2021 | By pkelley | Comments Off on Mom’s Party Crock Pot Chili for 20 | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

Mom’s Party Crock Pot Chili for 20! 5 lbs or more of cooked, lean ground beef (drained) 8 15-oz cans of red kidney beans (drained) 6 15-oz cans of chopped or diced tomatoes 1 30 oz can of whole green chilies (drained) OR 2 bags of frozen sliced bell peppers with onion (or 2 to • Read More »

Where Communication Meets Condition

September 7, 2021 | By pkelley | Comments Off on Where Communication Meets Condition | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

Where Communication Meets Condition: As we settle into the comfy chair and turn on the heat and vibrating mode to sooth these aging bones we realize we had neglected to bring along a drinking glass for the vino cabernet sauvignon. We ask the Other “We forgot the glass, would you bring us one?” The Other • Read More »

Mother’s Day

May 8, 2021 | By pkelley | Comments Off on Mother’s Day | Filed in: Discussion, Posts & Pontifications.

We have children. We are a Mother…not a chest feeder, not a birth person…a Mother. We hear some over-thinkers intend to remove this moniker from American/English language lexicon in favor of some general, generic human function such as “birth person.” We understand this is to be sensitive to those who are not biologically females but • Read More »

Covid 19 Vaccine Vaccinated

April 28, 2021 | By pkelley | Comments Off on Covid 19 Vaccine Vaccinated | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

We proudly announce we are 100% vaccinated. We now have 94% immunization from a virus we have a 99% chance of surviving… if we are among the unlucky 1% of the population who contracts the Covid 19 Virus. Hooray we may now feel free to re-mask up and walk around the building. WTF? Cooties anyone? • Read More »

For $2,000 Alec: How the Heck is anyone Supposed to Know That Anyway?

March 23, 2021 | By pkelley | Comments Off on For $2,000 Alec: How the Heck is anyone Supposed to Know That Anyway? | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

Why Old People are Not Allowed on TV Game Shows “It is up to you to define.” says Growth to Chaos. Who, other than Chaos could seek and examine with unfettered curiosity to gather the information necessary for Control and Growth to ultimately determine at what age(s) ages start aging and when aging or end • Read More »

Woodpeckers & Mediapeckers

November 11, 2020 | By pkelley | Comments Off on Woodpeckers & Mediapeckers | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

When we think of syndicated media these days we envision flocks of nasty tempered woodpeckers. Similarities astound: Like syndicated media, woodpeckers fun to watch but while woodpeckers simply destroy your home and propertySyndicated media causes brain damage … too… Wood peckers nest in your physical housing structures.The media nests in your spiritual housing structure. Woodpeckers • Read More »

Obnoxious SEO’s n So’s-N-So’s

November 1, 2020 | By pkelley | Comments Off on Obnoxious SEO’s n So’s-N-So’s | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

Has anyone else noticed how obnoxious searching for stuff on the Internet has become. Try searching for lawn mowing insert city here – and you get 15 pages of search hijacks – think Angie’s list, Home Advisor only 500 fold. We’ve been searching for services for this new place and holy crap it is nearly • Read More »


We have Moved!

September 8, 2020 | By pkelley | Comments Off on We have Moved! | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

Currently languishing in a pet-friendly hotel with my hubby and brood-0-animals soon to be boarded elsewhere. We moved to Crescent City Ca from Sacramento valley yesterday. 9/7 Will be homeless till around first of October. Well, homeless but with regular paychecks and a place to sleep. I’ve dreamed, plotted and schemed about this move for • Read More »


One Lousy Neanderthal

July 24, 2020 | By pkelley | Comments Off on One Lousy Neanderthal | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

We were just informed by 23 and me that of my 277 Neanderthal variants we are a the very least one lousy Neanderthal. 23 and me reports my specifically identified variant shows we should be less likely to have a fear of heights…as compared to what, non-neanderthals, normal people, Denisovans? Really people, be specific. Here’s • Read More »



June 2, 2020 | By pkelley | Comments Off on ScrabbleBrain | Filed in: Posts & Pontifications.

When playing the game of Scrabble it is so easy to get so bogged down with the mechanics of mixing the order of seven alphabetical letters to fish out a word. Letters become characters with point value as we stretch the limits of the Scrabble book to discover the meaning of “Za, quixotic and Qi. • Read More »