Motherly Love is a specific kind of altruistic love, an emotion traditionally assigned only to Mothers.
Humans never outgrow the need for a Mother’s love.
A child should never feel as if they need to earn a mother’s love…but…Mother’s unconditional love is not an instinctive thing.
In fact, it’s a 50/50 crap shoot whether we get a good or a bad Mom.
Extrapolation of this fact means right now there are over 3 billion people in the world who struggle with lifelong Mommy issues.
Questions for Toastmaster Table Topics
- When you think about Mother’s love do you see your Mother as she is or how you would like her to be?
- In one sentence, how would you describe your relationship with your mother?
- What is the most valuable life lesson you learned from your Mother?
- Good, Bad or Ugly in what ways is your personality similar to your moms?
- What do you admire most about your mother?
- A primary task of motherhood is to make children feel loved, accepted and valued regardless of cultural context. What cultural differences in Mothering have surprised you?
- What words of wisdom and/or most ridiculous advice did your mom impart upon you?
- How does your style of Motherly love differ with your Mother’s and how is it similar?
The only question left…is religious faith or spiritualism just another cry for Mother’s Love?