Motherly Love is a specific kind of altruistic love, an emotion traditionally assigned only to Mothers.
Humans never outgrow the need for a Mother’s love.
A child should never feel as if they need to earn a mother’s love…but…Mother’s unconditional love is not an instinctive thing.
In fact, it’s a 50/50 crap shoot whether we get a good or a bad Mom.
Extrapolation of this fact means right now there are over 3 billion people in the world who struggle with lifelong Mommy issues.
Questions for Toastmaster Table Topics
- When you think about Mother’s love do you see your Mother as she is or how you would like her to be?
- In one sentence, how would you describe your relationship with your mother?
- What is the most valuable life lesson you learned from your Mother?
- Good, Bad or Ugly in what ways is your personality similar to your moms?
- What do you admire most about your mother?
- A primary task of motherhood is to make children feel loved, accepted and valued regardless of cultural context. What cultural differences in Mothering have surprised you?
- What words of wisdom and/or most ridiculous advice did your mom impart upon you?
- How does your style of Motherly love differ with your Mother’s and how is it similar?
The only question left…is religious faith or spiritualism just another cry for Mother’s Love?
Comments are closed here.